From Hyaluronic Acid to Vitamin C, new ingredients are constantly being hailed as skin saviours. One ingredient that has stood the test of time though, is Vitamin E. Why? Here’s everything you need to know about the skin benefits of Vitamin E.
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a naturally occurring antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that helps to strengthen, protect, soothe and moisturise the skin.
Skin benefits of Vitamin E
Wondering why Vitamin E is good for skin? It has 5 key benefits:
- It strengthens the skin barrier: Vitamin E is a fat-soluble ingredient, meaning it’s able to penetrate deep into the epidermis and preserve the lipids (fats) in the skin. The result? A skin barrier that feels soothed and looks healthy.
- It helps skin to retain moisture: By strengthening the skin barrier, vitamin E also allows the skin to retain moisture more easily, keeping it hydrated for longer.
- It protects from free radical damage: Full of antioxidants, Vitamin E benefits the skin by helping to neutralise unstable free radicals and prevent skin damage.
- It evens out skin tone: Vitamin E also boasts skin repairing properties that help to lighten dark spots and prevent hyperpigmentation. It’s the secret to smooth-looking skin and an even tan!
- It replenishes dry skin: Vitamin E also promotes skin cell renewal, helping to replace dead cells faster. Healthy, glowing skin awaits!
Why use Vitamin E skincare and self tanners
Tanning and skincare go hand in hand. Without healthy and hydrated skin, your tan will look patchy and uneven (as the dry areas will absorb more tan).
So, for the most natural-looking glow possible, we recommend using a self tanner that doubles as Vitamin E skincare. It will not only give you a beautifully bronzed look, but will hydrate and nourish skin too – and, as we all know, the healthier and more hydrated your skin is, the longer your tan lasts!
The best Vitamin E skincare and tanning products
Self Tan Classic Mousse
Our most iconic self tanner, this mousse blends Vitamin E with hydrating Jojoba to create a beautiful, natural-looking golden tan that lasts up to 10 days. Apply onto clean, dry skin with a tanning mitt, leave for 4 to 8 hours, then rinse off in the shower. A sunkissed glow and healthy skin await!