If you’re anything like Ashely Graham, then you probably didn’t achieve that smooth, even-looking bronzed glow you were hoping for the first time you self tanned. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there! That’s why Ashley is sharing her top tips to help you achieve glowing skin quickly and effortlessly with the Luxe Whipped Crème Mousse. Read on to discover Ashley’s top self tanning tips …
Ashley Graham’s self tanning tips
Tip 1: Exfoliate before you tan
As Ashley will tell you, a great tan starts with a smooth base. 24 hours prior to tanning, exfoliate the skin to slough away dead cells or dry patches that could absorb excess tan and cause an uneven finish.
Ashley’s go-to? The St.Tropez Tan Enhancing Body Polish and Exfoliator! Massage into the skin, working from the legs upwards. Focus on particularly dry areas, like the elbows, knees and ankles.
Top Tip: For an even smoother base, Ashley chooses to remove her unwanted body hair, but we’ll leave that up to you!
Tip 2: Moisturise dry patches
Just before applying your tan, Ashley recommends massaging a very light layer of moisturiser onto dry areas of skin. Dispense a twenty pence-sized amount of our Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser into your palm, then:
- Massage into the heel of the hands
- Smooth onto the elbows
- Pat over the knees
- Smooth over the feet, focusing on the back of the heel
Tip 3: Always use a mitt
To achieve a flawless finish, Ashley swears by 1 golden rule: always use a mitt to protect the hands (no one wants stained palms!) and effortlessly blend in the tanning mousse for a smooth and even finish.
Our Dual Sided Luxe Applicator Mitt evenly distributes and blends your tan, creating an all-over glow.
Tip 4: Apply from your feet up
One of Ashley’s top self tanning tips? Always apply tan from your feet upwards to achieve a consistent glow. Dispense a small amount of the Luxe Whipped Crème Bronzing Mousse onto your mitt, then sweep evenly over the body.
- How to tan legs: Using long circular strokes, start by gliding the tan over the legs, working from the calves to the thighs, and back down to the feet. Be sure to tan the toes too.
- How to tan your stomach: Using small circular strokes, tan the stomach, bum, and chest. Ashely recommends going all the way up to the jawline.
- How to tan arms: Use long, up-and-down strokes to tan the arms, hands, and under the pit.
- How to self tan your back: Tanning your back can be tricky, but Ashley has a great tip: Put the mitt on backwards, dispense the tan onto the mitt, then massage onto the lower back. Start at the centre and work outwards. Don’t forget to tan your sides too. Next, bring your arm over your head and sweep it across to tan the upper back.
- How to tan hands: When tanning your hands, make a claw shape, then glide the mitt along and between the fingers. Avoid getting any on your palms.
Top Tip: If you’re concerned about missed patches, spritz the Purity Face Mist onto your back to ensure an even coverage. You can also use this mist to top up the tan on your hands once a week.
Tip 5: Don’t forget to tan your face
To flaunt a head-to-toe glow, Ashley reaches for the refreshing St.Tropez Purity Face Mist. Enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, it keeps skin hydrated while creating a gorgeous, golden glow. Simply spritz over the face and neck.
About the Luxe Whipped Crème Mousse
We’re a little biased, but we think the Luxe Whipped Crème Mousse might just be our most decadent formula yet! What’s more, a tinted guide colour make it easier than ever to achieve a streak-free glow.
The mousse is enriched with a Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Vitamin E, and Echinacea for extra nourishing skincare benefits. It creates a beautiful bronze, while keeping skin supple, improving its texture and tone, and boosting hydration.
“When I’m using products to enhance my glow, I always make sure that they have an ultra-hydrating formula.”
Treat yourself to the new Luxe Whipped Crème Mousse and put Ashley’s self tanning tips to the test. You’ll be glowing in no time, we promise!
Ashley Graham’s Favourite Fake Tan
Our new Global Brand Ambassador, Ashley Graham, reveals her favourite St.Tropez fake tan.
How To Apply St.Tropez Fake Tan Mousse
Discover how to apply St.Tropez Mousse for the perfect sunkissed glow.
The Best Tanning Mousses For A Head-To-Toe Glow
Flaunt a Summer-worthy glow regardless of the weather with these fake tan mousses.