If you’re dreaming of sun-filled days spent lounging by the pool perfecting your tan, keep reading. We share our top tips on how to get a natural tan, so you can flaunt a gorgeous golden glow worthy of a 2-week holiday, even in the middle of Winter.
How to get a natural tan in 4 simple steps
1. Choose your tanning mousse
Did you know that St.Tropez tan is formulated with DHA and Melanin, two natural tanning actives that tailor to your individual skin tone? As they work to darken the top layer of skin, the final depth and colour achieved will match your skin’s undertones, creating a natural-looking finish every time. So, to get a natural tan, simply choose one of the below St.Tropez mousses.
- For pale skin: Undeniably one of the best tanning mousses for pale skin, the Purity Bronzing Water Mousse boasts a lightweight formula that develops into a subtle golden tan over 4 to 8 hours, with no need to rinse.
- For olive skin: If it’s a slightly darker glow that you’re after, you can’t beat our Classic Bronzing Mousse. This golden tinted tanning mousse is easy to apply, streak-free and adapts to your skin tone for a gorgeous glow that lasts up to 10 days.
- For dark skin: Designed specifically for anyone looking to achieve a very deep tan, our Dark Bronzing Mousse develops into a dark yet natural colour that will complement your skin tone.
2. Prep your skin
Getting a natural tan requires smooth and hydrated skin, as dry areas can soak up excess tan and create a patchy finish. So, prepping the skin with a body scrub and moisturiser is essential.
The night before applying your St Tropez mousse, gently massage our Tan Enhancing Exfoliator onto your skin to gently buff away dead cells and create a smooth canvas. Then, just before tanning, hydrate the skin with our Tan Enhancing Moisturiser, focusing on very dry areas like the ankles, knees, elbows, hands and feet.
3. Apply evenly
A top tip on how to get a natural tan? Always meticulously blend your fake tan into the skin using a tanning mitt. This will evenly distribute the product and allow you to flawlessly cover those tricky areas.
The luxuriously soft St.Tropez Tan Applicator Mitt glides effortlessly over skin, evenly distributing and blending your fake tan. Simply spritz the mousse onto the mitt, then massage it over the skin, working from the feet to the neck. A golden glow awaits!
4. Let the tan fade naturally
Did you know that self tanner darkens the top layer of your skin? That’s why your tan fades during the cell turnover process. Don’t worry though, you can preserve your tan for longer in 2 ways:
- Apply moisturiser every day to keep skin hydrated, preventing dryness and flakiness.
- Exfoliate every 3 days to slough away dead cells and dryness, keeping skin evenly toned and uniform in colour.
So, how do you get a natural tan? Apply a self tanner that adapts to your skin tone, prep the skin before applying it, evenly blend onto the skin, then maintain your glow by moisturising and exfoliating. Trust us, you’ll be flaunting a confidence-boosting natural tan all year round thanks to the above top tips!