Looking to achieve a dark yet natural-looking bronze? Then our St.Tropez Dark Tan Range is for you! While our Dark Mousse and Mist create the perfect deep glow, our Extra Dark Tanning Mousse offers an intensely dark shade, equivalent to 2-weeks spent in the sun. Keep reading to discover how to get a dark tan using these 3 tanning must-haves.
About our dark fake tans
The St.Tropez Dark Fake Tan range includes 3 lightweight and hydrating formulas that tailor to your individual skin tone. Choose from the:
- St.Tropez Dark Mousse: Our most iconic dark tanner, this mousse develops into a natural-looking deep bronze in as little as 4 hours. If you’re looking for an olive-toned finish, this is the one for you!
- St.Tropez Dark Mist: Offering the same results as our iconic mousse but in a lightweight mist formula, this dark fake tan creates a natural-looking, streak-free glow in under 8 hours. It also effortlessly covers hard-to-reach areas.
- St.Tropez Extra Dark Self Tanner: Looking for an even deeper and darker tan? This fake tan provides 2 depths of tan in 1, creating an ultra-dark bronze worthy of 2 weeks spent in Bora Bora.
How to get a dark tan
Exfoliate 24 hours before tanning
The key to a streak-free tan is clean, smooth skin. That’s why you should always exfoliate 24 hours prior to tanning to remove any rough, dry patches that could absorb excess tan and create an uneven finish.
To achieve your smooth canvas, gently buff our Body Exfoliator onto your skin, focusing on dry areas, like the heels, ankles, elbows and knees. Its specially-designed tan enhancing formula perfectly prepares the skin, allowing the fake tan to glide on smoothly, last longer and look flawless.
Moisturise dry skin
Just before applying your dark fake tan, massage an oil-free moisturiser onto the dryer areas of your body (think feet, ankles, hands, elbows and knees) to hydrate and prime the skin.
Apply your dark fake tan
Ready for your deep, dark glow? Apply and blend your chosen St Tropez dark tanner:
- How to apply tanning mousse: If you chose the St.Tropez Dark or Extra Dark Mousse, pump your fake tan onto a tanning mitt, then sweep over the skin using circular motions to achieve an even-looking and streaky-free finish.
- How to apply tanning mist: If you opted for the St. Tropez Dark Tanning Mist, spritz onto the body, then blend with the tanning mitt to achieve a deep, natural bronze.
Rinse off after 4 hours for our iconic dark bronze or 8 hours for a post-holiday glow.
How to maintain your dark glow
To keep flaunting your gorgeous Bora Bora-worthy glow, you should:
- Moisturise every day with our Tan Enhancing Moisturiser. Its hydrating formula not only reduces tan break-up and improves fade, but leaves skin velvety soft and smooth too.
- Exfoliate every 3 days with our Tan Enhancing Body Polish. It helps to slough away dead skin cells, ensuring an even-looking fade.
Follow the 3 steps above and you’ll be flaunting a gorgeous dark tan in no time! Explore our full range of dark fake tans on our website now.
How To Get A Natural Tan
Read our top tips and flaunt a natural golden glow that matches your skin tone.
How To Tan | Self Tan Extra Dark Mousse
Achieve your deepest, darkest fake tan yet
There’s A St.Tropez Fake Tan For Every Skin Tone
Discover the best fake tan for light, medium and dark skin tones.